Program Tuition: $4,000.00
The Associate Professional in Human Resources
Formerly known as Personnel, Human Resources (HR) departments are fast becoming a significant player inorganizations across the country. Previously, these divisions handled mainly administrative functions likemanaging employee benefits, recruiting, interviewing and hiring new staff as directed by management. Today’sHR professionals, on the other hand, are increasingly involved in company initiatives and strategic planning.With this evolving role, HR departments are now able to offers unprecedented opportunities for those enteringthe field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of HR professions in the U.S. will rise fasterthan the national average over the next 10 years, making this a great focus for students looking to enter thebusiness world.
The Associate Professional in Human Resources Program
The Associate Professional in Human Resources Program introduces human resources (HR) functions and related elements and activities to students wishing to enter a career in this field or anyone who runs or may start a business of their own. This program will outline for students the roles and responsibilities of members of a typical HR department, educating the staff that make up a particular firm in various corporate policies, rules and/or procedures as well a show their individual role will include HR-related activities, whether officially part of an HR department or not. Students will move through the evolution of HR management through to the modern functions of most HR divisions from the perspective of both management and subordinate employees. Further, students will explore various compensation structures and gain an understanding of the importance of maintaining fair and equitable compensation and benefit programs.
- Solve mathematical problems using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Reconcile bank statements
- Solve equations
- Analyze business problems using percentages and statistical concepts
- Apply mathematical concepts to business problems involving pricing and discounts
- Explain various payroll issues that affect employers and employees
- Apply mathematical concepts to business lending transactions
- Apply mathematical concepts to business transactions involving annuities and stocks and bonds
- Calculate various mortgage problems
- Apply various depreciation methods
- Apply mathematical concepts to business transactions involving inventory
- Calculate various insurance and tax transactions
- Analyze financial statements using mathematical concepts
- HR Operations
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Human Resource Development and Retention
- Health, Safety, and Security
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- Human Resources Certification Institution® (HRCI) Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR™).
Students who complete the Texas A&M University - Texarkana (TAMUT) Associate Professional in Human Resources program will be prepared to sit for the Human Resources Certification Institution®(HRCI) Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR™) national certification exam(s). In order towork as a Associate Professional in Human Resources, many states nationwide are requiring that learners achieve national certification prior to working in that state. Students who complete this programare encouraged to complete the practical/clinical externship option with their program. This comprehensive program is designed to prepare students to sit for Human Resources CertificationInstitution® (HRCI) Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR™) exam(s). Students who complete this program can and do sit for the Human Resources Certification Institution® (HRCI) Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR™) national certification exam(s) and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so.